Thursday, February 02, 2006

A moment of silence, please?


If bloggers ruled the world Keith Haring would be king of the art world. Well, it might be a little more complex than that, but as I’m browsing around the available art blogs quite a lot, it’s been hard for me not to notice the obvious overrepresentation of pictures, reviews and links to highly detailed – almost compulsive – drawings and illustrations, as compaired to the interest in less busy works of art.

I mentioned Industrial Feces a few days ago, a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Another one here. And here. One of the most successful art blogs is Drawn! focusing exclusively on drawings and illustrations.

It probably has to do with the medium. When I wrote about internet graphics a few weeks back I mentioned the eclectic styles dominating the signatures and avatars of internet forums. This culture obviously has an impact on the aesthetic preferences and taste of those spending a lot of their spare time online.

As a newcomer to the blogosphere I have yet to be absorbed by this busy-bee-culture. While I still have time, I chose to counter with Malevich’s White on White. Come back in a year and my blog probably will be filled with finelined drawings and cartoons. Who knows, it might be a good thing…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home