Friday, May 19, 2006

Bright Future


This year’s final exhibition from the graduation students at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Stockholm opens next week. From a first glance at the press release it looks good. Better than good, actually.

I made a larger interview with one of the graduates, Ida Selbing, on this blog some time ago, and from the looks of things it seems that more of them are worth keeping an eye out for in the time to come.

The featured picture is a photo of Charlotte Widegren's beautiful sculptur Circle of Ghosts. Her drawings aren’t half bad either. They have a certain surreal touch to them, and she seems focused on examining the border between nature and human life.

I haven’t come to understand what Niklas Karlsson is doing yet, but his constructions made from thin lines of sewing cotton look very interesting, at least judging from the photos.

Susanne Vollmers manic drawings make me think of the stuff you scribble down while talking on the phone, and I do mean that in a good way.

I’ll have to get back to you on the rest of the participants when I have actually seen the exhibition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home