Monday, July 24, 2006

Back to the Grind

At first I found it utterly mysterious that the number of visitors to this blog had more than doubled during my abscence. After checking my sitemeter for referals it turned out that my google ranking had risen considerably for picture searches on the phrase "American Gothic". That link has been long since removed from my blog roll, but here it is again. I just love that painting, by the way.

I spent last week in a summer hot Copenhagen, where beer is cheap and everybody still thinks that all arabs are really, really scary. When the Israeli bombings of Lebanon started the daily news were filled with letters to the editor questioning what all these "so called Danish" people that had to be urgently moved out of the country was actually doing there in the first place. This continued even after a Danish refugee convoy was shot at by Israeli forces.

I didn't really have time for a proper gallery tour, but I did see the wonderful Cardiff and Miller exhibition at Louisiana. They also displayed one of Gerhard Richter's rare minimalist artworks that I found prefectly fascinating. All good stuff, but they really need to clean the place better. I actually saw a Giaccometti sculpture with spider web on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home